Antinori La BraccescaSabazio 2020Product code: 8499
All pictures shown are for illustration purpose only. Actual label may vary due to changes between vintages.
The 2018 vintage of Sabazio showsarubyred color. The nose is striking for fresh, floral notes ofvioletsand roses which well balance the typicalaromas of cherries. The palate is fresh and elegant with silkyand pleasurable tannins. The finish and aftertaste of Sabazio are tasty, with lingering sensations which recall the aromas first felt on the nose.
About the Winery
The history of the Italian wine label, Antinori La Braccesca dates back to 1385. The Antinori family, known for its rich winemaking experience, established this brand, which came to be known as one of Italy’s premium wine brands. Giovanni di Piero Antinori became a member of the Florentine Art of the Vinattieri in 1385. Today, 26 generations later, this estate is still run by the Antinorio family members, with the same dedication and respect to the art of winemaking.
The wines from Antinori are classified on the basis of the geographical areas from where the fruits are produced. They are Chianti Classico, Bolgheri, Montalcino, Tuscan Maremma, Montepulciano, Cortona, Tuscany, Umbria and Franciacorta.
The Antinori Estates include the following:
- Tignanello – Located in the heart of the Chianti Classico region, this estate has 130 hectares under the vine. Sangiovese, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Malvasia and Trebbiano are grown here.
- Badia a Passignano – 65 hectares under the vine, fully planted with Sangiovese
- Peppoli – Sangiovese, Merlot, Syrah and Malvasia
- Pian Delle Vigne – 65 hectares under the vine; fully planted with Sangiovese
- Guardo al Tasso – 320 hectares under the vine; Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah, Cabernet Franc, Petit Verdot, Vermentino Nero and Bianco
- Castle of the Hall – 170 hectares under the vine; known for indigenous varietals, Procianico and Grechetto, and international varietals like Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Semillon, Pinot Bianco and Viognier
- Montenisa – Located in Franciacorta and known for Chardonnay and Pinot Noir plantations
- Villa Antinori – Located in Tuscany
The estates that the family holds in Italy are:
- Aldobrandesca Farm – Located on Stephano Hills; known for Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Bianco varietals
- The Mortelle – 170 hectares under the vine; known for native white grape varietals, Vermentino, Ansonica, Carmenere and Viognier
- The Braccesca – Located between the borders of Montepulciano and Cortana
- Monteloro Estate – 94 hectares under the vine; fully planted with Riesling and Pinot Bianco