BabichBlack Label Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc 2020Product code: 8517
All pictures shown are for illustration purpose only. Actual label may vary due to changes between vintages.
About the Winery
Babich is one of the most reputed wine names of New Zealand, because it is the oldest brand in the country. Its history dates back to 1912, when Joseph Babich understood the potential of the Marlborough region, considered as one of the premium wine-growing regions in the world today.
Currently, Babich grows grapes on some of the top-notch sites of New Zealand, like the ones below:
Henderson Valley Vineyard in Auckland
It was in 1919 that Joseph Babich understood that this lovely site, situated at the foothills of the Waitakere Mountain Range, would go on to become the prime vineyard of his wine brand. Babich’s headquarters is located here, and this vineyard’s area covers 10 hectares currently. Pinotage, Chardonnay and Pinot Noir are the main varietals grown here.
Hawke’s Bay Vineyards
Hawke’s Bay is a famous wine-growing region in New Zealand. It supplies fruits for some of the best wines that were ever created from this region. Babich owns 78 hectares of vineyards in this region. These hectares are distributed across the following vineyards in Hawke’s Bay:
- Fernhill Vineyards – 16.6hectares; Chardonnay, Viognier and Sauvignon Blanc
- St. John Vineyards – 9.7 hectares; Malbec, Syrah, Merlot and Cabernet Franc
- Omahu Vineyards – 6 hectares; Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Syrah
- Irongate Vineyards – 36.8 hectares; Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Malbec, Chardonnay and Gewurztraminer
- Highway 50 Vineyards – 9.9 hectares; Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Syrah
Babich owns these vineyards in this exotic wine-growing region:
- Wakefield Downs Vineyard – 42.5 hectares; Sauvignon Blanc
- Tetley Brook Vineyards – 64.2hectares; Sauvignon Blanc
- Pennarth Farm Vineyard – 79.1 hectares; Sauvignon Blanc
- Headwaters Vineyard – 59.8 hectares; Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, Gruner Veltliner and Albarino
- Selmes Road Vineyard – 25.6hectares; Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Gris
- Cowslip Valley Vineyards – 115.9hectares; Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Gris, Riesling and Pinot Noir
- Echelon Vineyards – 93.8hectares; Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Gris and Pinot Noir