Bodegas OndarreReserva Rioja DOCa 2017Product code: 7995
All pictures shown are for illustration purpose only. Actual label may vary due to changes between vintages.
Leather, vanilla and spice of traditionally made Rioja enveloped in an elegant and textured palate.
Leather, vanilla and spice of traditionally made Rioja enveloped in a smooth and textured palate. Balanced, with ripe, wild strawberries and integrated tannins through to a long, lingering finish.
About the Winery
The Bodegas Olarra Group is one of the most reputed names in the wine market of Destination of Origin Rioja in Spain. Since the company has a rich history and legacy to boast about, its wines are fine representations of this heritage. The Bodegas Ondarre is a part of this group. This brand was established in the year 1986, and doesn’t lack one bit when it comes to producing wines that are rich in culture and tradition.
Located in Viana, about 8km from the wine-rich place of Logrono, Bodegas Ondarre focuses on producing a limited number of wines every year. Currently, American or French oak barrels are used for fermenting the wines produced under this label. The whites are fermented in casks to retain the aroma and the taste of the fruits.
Viana is a small town that contains diverse soil types. The vineyards here are located at varying altitudes, going all the way to Sierra. Only selected grapes are sent to the winery for processing; therefore, the wines produced by Bodegas Ondarree are clearly driven by the quality of the terroirs. The wine labels of Bodegas Ondarre are as follows:
- Senorio de Ondarre – Made from 85% Tempranillo, 10% Mazuelo and 5% Garnacha
- Mayor de Ondarre –Made from 90% Tempranillo, 5% Mazuelo and 5% of other blends
- Valdebaron Red Wine – Made from Tempranillo and Mazuelo grapes grown on the Valdebaron slopes
- Valdebaron White Wine – Made from Tempranillo Blanco grown on the single vineyards along the slopes of Valdebaron
- Ondaree VII Parcels – Made from Tempranillo and Mazuelo grapes grown on seven different parcels under seven diverse soil conditions
- Cava Ondarre Brut Millennium – Made from 100% Vlura varietals that are intense and naturally grown
- Cava Ondarre Brut Nature – Made from 100% Vlura that are full-bodied