Bogle VineyardsPhantom 2017Product code: 7645
Notify me when this product is back in stock.
All pictures shown are for illustration purpose only. Actual label may vary due to changes between vintages.
About the Winery
Located in the Clarksburg region of California, the Bogle Vineyards is a family-owned wine label that is being run by the 6th generation now. The seeds for this establishment were sown by Captain AJ Bogle in the 1870s. In the year 1968, the next generation Bogle family members planted close to 90 hectares of vines in their home ranch and continued to grow grapes for other wineries. It was only in 1978 that they set up their own wine label. The family’s own winery, set up in 1979, stands magnificently even today.
As per the California Appellation Program, the Bogle Winery not only uses grapes grown in 1800 acres of its own estate, but also sources grapes grown from other neighbouring wineries. The areas that form part of this program and the varietals grown in those areas are:
- Clarksburg – known for growing Merlot, Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon and Petite Sarah
- Mendocino – known for Petite Sarah, Pinot Noir and Zinfandel
- Russian River Valley – known for Pinot Noir and Sauvignon Blanc
- Sonoma – known for Cabernet Sauvignon
- Oakley – known for Old Vine Zinfandel and Old Vine Zinfandel
- Lodi – known for Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Old Vine Zinfandel
- El Dorado County – known for Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot
- Amador County – known for Old Vine Zinfandel
The winemaking process followed in the Bogle Winery deserves a special mention. While whites such as Chardonnay are fermented using new oak barrels with lees being hand-stirred just once a month, the reds are aged individually in traditional oaks. This is quite a rare practice for a winery of this size.
The winemaking team works with the sole objective of preserving the character of the fruits right from the vineyard to the bottle. Therefore, extreme care is provided to retain the quality of the terroir where the grapes are cultivated.