Carpenè Malvolti

Carpenè Malvolti

About Carpenè Malvolti

Antonio Carpene founded the Carpene Malvolti wine estate in the year 1868. His main aim was to promote the wine-producing potential of the Treviso region, located in Italy’s Conegliano Valdobbiadene area. After years of research and detailed studies, Antonio produced the Vino Spumante (Sparkling Wine in English) from this area. To date, this is considered to be the world’s most popular sparkling wines ever produced. It is no wonder that the unique soil and climatic conditions of Conegliano Valdobbiadene have helped it be recognized as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.

In the later years, Carpene’s family members took over the ownership of the estate and vineyards. It was Etile Carpene who first introduced the practice of writing Prosecco on his wine label produced under this label in 1924. This was done to promote the potential and richness of Italy’s Prosecco region. This was many years before the region got its DOCG status. Last year, the 95th anniversary of this highly popular, sparkling, 1924 Prosecco wine was created using a blend of 90% Glera and 10% other indigenous white grapes from the Treviso region.

Antonio wanted to teach many other young and aspiring winemakers his art of making classic wines. This was why he started Italy’s first Oenological School in his native region of Conegliano in 1876. Today, the wines from Carpene Malvolti are true representations of the commitment that the owners showed towards the terroir.

The Conegliano and Valdobbiadene municipalities located in the Treviso region are the areas where the indigenous white varietals are grown. While almost 85% of the area is cultivated with the Glera varietal, the remaining 15% of the land is filled with other rare white grape varietals such as Verdiso, Perera, Bianchetta and long Glera. The Carpene family winery is located right in the centre of the Prosecco Superiore DOCG, where it works with over 100 local winemakers to create historic wines.

Buy Carpenè Malvolti wine below.


Stay up to date with our latest offers, recommendations and new additions to our portfolio by signing up to our mailing list.