About Ciù Ciù
The Ciu Ciu Italian wine company was established in 1970. It is known for the authentic wines that it produces year after year. These wines are symbolic of the unique geography of the region where the Ciu Ciu farm is located. Situated on the hills of Picen0, Offida, where the estate is located, is blessed by abundant coastal breezes that flow from the Adriatic coast nearby.
The nearby municipalities of Tronto and Tesino are known for their high wine-producing potentials. These also reflect in the quality of wine produced at Ciu Ciu in Offida. When Natalino and his wife Anna from the Bartolomei family established the Ciu Ciu wine estate in 1970, they wanted to create wines that spoke volumes about the character of the territory. They have managed to keep this tradition intact even today.
The vineyards at Offida are home to some of the rare and indigenous vines of Marche Passerina and Pecorino. Apart from these, international varietals such as Merlot, Sangiovese, Pinot, Chardonnay, Montepulciano and Barbera are also grown here.
Some of the popular red wines created here are:
- Oppidum – 100% Montepulciano
- Gothic – 70% Montepulciano and 30% Sangiovese
- Esperanto – 85% Montepulciano and 15% Cabernet
- San Carro – 30% Sangiovese, 30% Merlot and 40% Barbera
- Essay – 100% Sangiovese
Some popular white wines you should try here are:
- Sauvignon – Blend of Sauvignon, Chardonnay and Pinot Blanc grown in Roccasinibbalda in Lazio
- Oris – Blend of Trebbiano, Passerina and Pecorino grown in Picena and Offida
- Evoe – 100% Passerina grown in Picena and Offida
- Arbinus – 100% Verdicchio grown in Ancona Province
- Lace Makers – 100% Pecorino grown in Picena and Offida
The rose wine here is made from a blend of Sangiovese, Montepulciano and Cesanese, while Sangiovese, Pecorino cheese and Passerina are used for the sparkling wines.
Buy Ciù Ciù wine below.