DeLoachHeritage Collection Pinot Noir 2020Product code: 11265
All pictures shown are for illustration purpose only. Actual label may vary due to changes between vintages.
About the Winery
Located in the Sonoma River Valley in California, the DeLoach vineyards have created a name for itself in the American wine market today. This brand was established in the year 2003 by the Boisset Family. The family’s previous winemaking experience in the high-wine potential area of France’s Burgundy, came in good stead while setting up this brand.
The vineyards from where grapes are sourced to create deLoach wines are the following:
- Their own estate named DeLoach Estate Vineyards
- Durell Vineyards – Chardonnay and Pinot Noir are sourced from here
- Hawk Hill Vineyards – Chardonnay is sourced from here
- Swicegood Vineyards – Pinot Noir is sourced from here
- Van Der Kemp Vineyards – Pinot Noir is sourced from here
- Heintz Vineyards – Chardonnay is sourced from here
- Maboroshi Vineyards – Pinot Noir is sourced from here
- Riebli Valley Vineyards – Zinfandel is sourced from here
- Ritchie Vineyards – Chardonnay is sourced from here
- Rue Vineyards – Zinfandel is sourced from here
- Pennacchio Vineyards – Pinot Noir is sourced from here
- Saitone Vineyards – Zinfandel is sourced from here
Pinot Noir is the flagship varietal grown here. The winemaking team gives extreme care to indulge in small lot processing for both these delicate, terroir-driven varieties. Thanks to their experience in the Burgundy area, the team at DeLoach mimics the French open-top wood fermentation barrels at the DeLoach winery as well.
When most of the Californian winemakers make use of stainless steel barrels, at DeLoach the team relies heavily on the use of open-top wooden French barrels. This is because the open-top wood material has the potential to bring out the best from the terroir-driven varietals. Organic, biodynamic and sustainable winemaking techniques are used at this winery to ensure minimum intervention at all times. Today, DeLoach wines are known for their unique taste and flavour, which is why they have been getting quite a few awards as well.