About Louis Bouillot
Louis Bouillot is one of the best brands in the Burgundy region for tasting authentic French sparkling wine. The history of this label dates back to 1877, when it was one of the first names to introduce sparkling wines in a region that was traditionally producing Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays. Today, Louis Bouillot is considered as an expert in the Cremant de Bourgogne area.
This is one of the most important wine areas in France, as it covers some prime locations of Burgundy, Chablisien, Chatillonnais, Cote de Nuits, Cote de Beaune, Cote Chalonnaise, Cote Maconnaise and Beaujolais. The diverse climatic conditions, soil types and excellent terroirs of these wine-rich regions help this label to create some of the most sublime grape varietals that are perfect for Cuvee wines.
The winemaking process here follows a detailed ten-step process that includes the following:
- Hand-harvesting of select grapes
- Pressing the grapes delicately to get the balance of sugars and acids right
- Low-temperature fermentation before fruits are aged in vat and oak barrels to extract maximum taste and aroma
- Assembling special cuvees to get the most special Cuvee
- Foam-taking process, where fruits are introduced to alcoholic fermentation with the help of yeasts and sugars to create bubbles
- Fruits are aged on lees, where the yeasts blend with the fruits to create a great aroma
- Stirring process, where the cuvees are given a slight vertical stir for even blending of deposits
- Disgorgement process, where the yeasts are trapped and expelled, leaving the wine absolutely clear, sans any deposit
- The secret recipe at Louis Bouillot where expert winemakers determine the right dosage of wine for the perfect balance
- Wine-tasting experience, where you get to enjoy the taste of bubbling, sparkling wines, while you enjoy the beauty of the estate
Buy Louis Bouillot wine below.