About Patz & Hall
If you are looking to taste some of the best Pinot Noir or Chardonnay wines in America, you should try the ones from the Patz & Hall brand. Four people, who had an undying passion for winemaking (Donald Patz, James Hall, Anne Moses and Heather Patz) had set up this winery in 1988. Today, this label is known for creating one of the best-known single-vineyard wines in California.
Ever since its establishment, this brand has aimed to develop good relationships with other like-minded, passionate family-owned winegrowers in California for getting the best quality of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay varietals. Some of the grower partners with whom Patz & Hall has developed an excellent relationship are the following:
- Alder Springs Vineyards – Stuart Bewley
- Burnside Vineyards – Lee and George Martinelli
- Chenoweth Ranch – Bud & Charlie Chenoweth
- Dutton Ranch – Gail, Steve and Joe Dutton
- Gap’s Crown Vineyard – Bill Price
- Hudson Vineyard – Lee Hudson
- Hyde Vineyard – Larry Hyde & Family
- Moses-Hall Vineyard – James Hall and Anne Moses
- Pisoni Vineyard – Gary, Mark and Jeff Pisoni
- Two Dryers Vineyard – Mark Sanchietti
The grapes for Patz & Hall wines are processed with utmost care and precision at the state-of-the-art winery established in the Sonoma Coast. Here, traditional winemaking methods are followed using modern equipment. The wines are fermented in custom-made barrels, which is quite unique to this winery. These barrels are first air-dried and seasoned for three years to help them retain the quality of the grapes.
All the grapes are hand-harvested, before they are sorted with great care at the winery. The cluster-pressing of the grapes ensures that the wines created here have very little tannin. This is the major reasons why the Chardonnay wines created under this label have great aroma and flavour.
Buy Patz & Hall wine below.