About S.C. Pannell
In the year 2004, Stephen and his wife Piona set up the SC Pannell wine brand in Australia to bring out the full potential of the naturally beautiful McLaren Vale region. Since he had already understood about the richness of the Margaret River region, Steve was intrigued by the McLaren Vale’s potential to create sustainable wines from dry grape varietals such as Shiraz, Tempranillo, Grenache and Touriga.
This made him explore the area with utmost dedication and a winemaking philosophy that he wasn’t ready to compromise upon. The fact that he had already worked in some of the world’s best wine-rich places such as Burgundy, Barolo, Bordeaux and Priorat only increased his curiosity more than ever.
Thanks to his newly-acquired knowledge and an undying passion to create the best wines, Steve then went on to analyse about the terroirs, climate, culture and the quality of vine grown in the McLaren Vale region. Therefore, it wouldn’t be wrong to say that today, he is one of the few persons in this area who knows how to tap the resources of McLaren Vale to their fullest advantage and create the best of wines.
Some of the popular wines from this label are:
- 2018 Sauvignon Blanc - made from 100% Sauvignon Blanc cultivated on Carey Gully in Adelaide Hills
- 2018 Fi Fi Fiano – made from 100% Fiano grown on Olivers in McLaren Vale
- 2017 Pinot Grigio – made from 100% Pinot Grigio grown on the vineyards of Carey Gully, Woodside, Gumeracha and Lenswood in Adelaide Hills
- 2018 Basso Garnacha – made from 100% Grenache Noir cultivated on the vineyards of McLaren Vale and Blewitt Springs
- 2017 Dead End Tempranillo – made from 100% Tempranillo cultivated on Amery Road, Blewitt Springs and McLaren Vale
- 2016 Field Street Shiraz – made from 100% Shiraz grown on Olivers Road and Amery Road in McLaren Vale
Buy S.C. Pannell wine below.