About Weingut Weszeli
The Weingut Weszeli wine brand has carved a niche for itself in the wine industry of Austria. During 1679, the Summerer family founded and established this winery in the scenic region of Langenlois in Austria. For many years, the wines were created here with utmost dedication and minimalistic intervention process by the family.
In the year 1997, this place was acquired by Davis Weszeli; however, the Summerer family still didn’t let go of their heritage. They worked in tandem with Weszeli to ensure that the family’s ancient tradition and heritage were followed in the wine-making process. Today, about 300 years later, the Weingut Weszeli Wines are known for their authentic character and flavour because they are created in the most natural way possible. Rupert Summerer and David Weszeli are the people who currently manage this winery.
The Riesling and Gruner Veltliner vines are spread over 30 hectares of fertile soil. No chemicals are used in the process of cultivation or winemaking. The vineyards are located in Kamptal, which is outside the Langenlois village. While Gruner grape varietals account for 80% of the production here, the Riesling grape varietals account for the remaining 20% of the production.
The most popular wines crafted here are the following:
- Weszeli Riesling Loiserberg – Made from Riesling grapes cultivated on the southern slopes of Loiserberg; comes with a herb-rich aroma that has a peachy flavour to it
- Weszeli Gruner Veltliner Steingarten – Made from hand-picked Gruner Veltliner grapes cultivated in the Steinhaus column; comes with flavours of apple and grapefruit
- Weszeli Gruner Veltliner Langenlois – Made from Gruner Veltliner grapes cultivated in Kamptal DAC; comes with a fruity citrus flavour and distinct marjoram aroma
- Weszeli Felix Gruner Veltliner – Made from Gruner Veltliner grapes cultivated in Kamptal; dry wine dominated by the aromas of white pepper and fresh, citrus fruit flavours
- Weszeli Gruner Veltliner Kaferberg – Made from Gruner Veltliner grapes cultivated in Kaferberg; very spicy and intense wine
Buy Weingut Weszeli wine below.