About Clos des Fous
Till the year 2008, wines from Chile were generally given the descriptions of boring and industrial. To change this stereotype about Chilean wines and to make these reflect the true heritage of the exotic Chilean terroirs, the Clos des Fous wine label was established in the year 2008. Pedro Parra, Francois Massoc, Paco Leyton and Albert Cussen, the four friends, took it upon themselves to change the world’s opinion about Chilean wines through their new label.
These friends shifted their focus to the Dark Side of the Moon growers in some of the Chilean areas such as Laberinto, Zaranda and more to understand their true potential and to create a place for them in the international wine scene. Clos des Fous wines are divided into various categories based on the terroirs where the grapes are cultivated. Grapes growing in different altitudes and coastal regions along with those grown in the Malecco area are the fruits used for these wines.
The Clos des Fous vineyards and the varietals planted in them are as follows:
- Pucalan Vineyard (4 hectares) – Located in the Aconcagua Coast; Pinot Noir is planted here
- Grillos Cantores Vineyard (22 hectares) – Located in the Alto Cachapoal DO); Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Chardonnay varietals are planted here
- Bio Bio Coast Vineyard (2.5 hectares) – Located in the Bio Bio DO; Pinot Noir and Chardonnay varietals are planted here
- Tato Vineyard (10 hectares) – Located in the Itata DO; Muscat, Pais, Carignan and Cinsault varietals are planted here
- 1914 Vineyard (4 hectares) – Located in the Bio Bio DO; Malbec varietal is planted here
- Traiguen Vineyard (9 hectares) – Located in the Malleco DO; Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Riesling varietals are planted here
The Pinot Noir vineyards are mostly planted with premium quality Pinot Noir clones brought from one of the world’s most elite wine region, Burgundy in France.
Buy Clos des Fous wine below.