About Domaine Drouhin Oregon
The story and history of Domaine Drouhin Oregon began in 1880 in Burgundy with the establishment of Maison Joseph Drouhin in the region of Beaune. The Drouhin family was one of the most renowned winemakers of the place, having their roots run deep in the industry. They remained invested in the field for more than a hundred years.
In 1918, Joseph Drouhin’s son, Maurice Drouhin, set a goal and dream of developing an estate and specialising in the production and distribution of Burgundy wines. To do so, he purchased various high-quality vineyards in the famous Beaune Clos des Mouches and Clos de Vougeot. After the end of the Second World War, he began to expand the Drouhin estate. He aimed to develop it into one that could enter the world market seamlessly.
In 1957, Robert Drouhin, Maurice’s son, took over the management and operation of the family business. To continue his father’s work and ambitions, he persisted in expanding the estate. He added multiple prestigious vineyards to the collection. It included Chambertin Clos de Bèze, Grands Echézeaux, Bonnes Mares, Griotte Chambertin, and Musigny.
In 1986, Véronique, Robert’s daughter, visited Oregon after completing her studies for an oenology master’s diploma. Here, she worked with three families and helped during their harvests. It left a profound impression of Véronique, forming and connecting a bond between the Drouhin family and a few of Oregon wine’s founding families.
Soon, the Drouhin family realised the worth and potential Oregon possessed in terms of winemaking. As such, they began constructing a winery in the region, which got completed in 1989. They built a four-story facility with gravity-flow features. Soon, Domaine Drouhin Oregon began planting some Dijon clones brought by Oregon State University. Today, the winery produces some of the highest standards and levels of wines worldwide.
Buy Domaine Drouhin Oregon wine below.