Started by the Anton family in 1987, Izadi has become one of the popular faces of the Spanish wine market today. Gonzalo Anton and his friends started this label in Rioja Alavesa. Anton was blessed with rich knowledge related to wines because his family was already into the business was growing grapes in the village of Villabuena de Alava. Within no time, Anton spread his business rapidly and became one of the top wine producers in Spain.
Izadi wines are made from vineyards that are spread across 178 hectares. Out of these, the Anton family owns 70 hectares. These sprawling vineyards border the areas of Villabuena, Samaniego and Abalos. These three places form a triangle that defines the trail of the Izadi vineyards.
Izadi, in Spanish means, “nature”. The Bodegas (winery) is designed with this concept in mind. Located on a slope with the altitude difference of each level fixed at 50m, the winery at Izadi makes use of the natural gravity to make wine at five levels. Each and every step in the winemaking processes focuses on extracting the natural flavours of the fruits and retaining them, so that the wines represent the true personality of the terroir.
Some of the popular Izadi wines are:
- Larrosa Blanca – white wine made from 100% Garnacha Blanca varietals.
- Blanco – made from 65% Viura, 10% Malvasia, 10% Garnacha Blanca, 5% Tempranillo Blanco, 5% Maturana Blanca and 5% Turruntes
- Crianza – made from 100% Tempranillo
- Seleccion – made from grapes grown on the best parcels from the vineyard triangle; 80% Tempranillo and 20% Graciano varietals are used
- El Regalo – made from 100% Tempranillo grown on the low-yielding plot of El Regalo in Villabuena de Alava
- Reserva – made from 100% Tempranillo
- Larrosa Rose – made from 100% Garnacha varietals grown on the tallest height of the DOCa Rioja (vines are found at 790m above sea level)
Buy Izadi wine below.