Located in the small town of Breganze in the Veneto Province in Italy, Maculan is a family-owned wine estate that was established in 1947. Currently run by the third generation of Maculan family members, this is one of the few Italian wine labels that still uphold the tradition and heritage that were followed many decades ago.
The strategic location of Breganze makes it ideal for cultivating many interesting indigenous and international varietals of grape. Nestled in the middle of the hills, at the foothills of the high plains of Asiago, the vineyards of this town enjoy cool climatic conditions. Also, unlike most other soil types in Veneto, Breganze has an extremely volcanic soil condition.
The grapes for the exotic Maculan wines are cultivated in many vineyards such as the following:
- Fortelungo – Cabernet Sauvignon
- Villa Elettra - Merlot
- Arrigoni – Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Bianco and Pinot Grigio
- Branza Levante – Pinot Nero,Vespaiolo and Garganega
- Branza – Vespaiolo, Merlot, Pinot Nero and Cabernet Sauvignon
- Case Pavan – Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon
- Ferrata – Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay and Merlot
- Fonte Delle Ore - Sauvignon
- Moraro – Tai, Sauvignon, Vespaiolo, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon
- Poma - Sauvignon
- San Ivon - Vespaiolo
- Santo Stefano – Cabernet Sauvignon
- Sasso Moro – Pinot Nero
- Tempietto – Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon
- Val Zaccona - Marzemino
- Vaticano – Merlot
The vineyards that are located across all these regions span 40 hectares. To process the grapes that are so painstakingly grown here, the Maculan Family constructed its own winery right in the heart of the Breganze town. This winery is equipped with all modern facilities and innovations to produce wines that reflect the true flavour and character of the fruits. Stainless steel tanks and oak barrels are used for resting the wines so that the final bottle that you taste leaves a long-lasting impression on your minds.
Buy Maculan wine below.