Truchard VineyardsPinot Noir 2017Product code: 4112
All pictures shown are for illustration purpose only. Actual label may vary due to changes between vintages.
About the Winery
Tony and Jo Ann Truchard established the Truchard Vineyards forty years ago in the Carneros area of Napa Valley. Today, it continues to be one of the best family-owned wineries in this area. In the year 1989, the family started to make its own wines as well. Since then, all the wines are produced using only the fruits grown in their own estate.
One of the main reasons why the wines from Truchard are unique is all thanks to the excellent topography of the Carneros region. The hills, ravines, valleys and the diverse soil qualities (clay, sandstone, lava, shale, rock, volcanic, etc.) helped the vineyards to grow diverse grape varietals. The vineyard of Truchard is the northeasternmost in the entire Carneros region, and it is strategically situated at the base of the Mayacama Mountain Range and Mount Vedeer.
Since the vineyard faces the southern and western directions, it enjoys a lot of sunlight that eventually leads to the natural & slow ripening of fruits. With excellent drainage facilities and high alluvial soil content, this vineyard is great for growing Syrah, Pinot Noir, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon and Rousanne.
Towards the southern regions, this vineyard experiences a phenomenal change in the soil quality. Here, you will find lots of volcanic soils, thanks to which, grapes like Zinfandel, Rousanne and Syrah grow well. In the clayey soils, apart from the Pinot Noirs, Chardonnay and Merlot also grow well. As of now, the Truchard family estate covers about 400 acres, out of which 280 acres are under vine. Almost 80% of the vineyard is sustainably farmed, while the remaining 20% is organically farmed.
If you are looking for an estate that grows many, intense-flavoured and diverse grape varietals in Napa Valley, Truchard Wine Estate is the place you have to visit, as you can see 12 varietals of grapes here.