About Buena Vista
Established in 1857, Buena Vista is the first premium winery that was set up in California. The original winery of this brand, located outside the Sonoma Town, is an important historical landmark in California today. After a series of political and economic changes, this estate was restored to its original glory in 2011.
This was the time when the estate of Buena Vista Wine Estate became a part of the prestigious Boisset Family Estates. The Boisset family was one of the most charismatic in the wine industry, because it owned some wineries in the premium wine region of the world, Burgundy, in France.
Jean Charles Boisset can be credited for keeping the heritage and tradition of Buena Vista wines alive to date, because he is quite passionate about not letting the 150-year-old rich history go astray.
The quality of Buena Vista wines is extremely good because the grapes are grown in some of the excellent terroirs located across Sonoma County. The elevation of the vineyards, temperature and the soil conditions play an important role in the full-bodied flavour of the grapes grown in different lots here. When you taste the wines of this label, you will be able to understand the high potential of the vineyards located across Sonoma County, Napa Valley and Buena Vista.
The vineyards of this brand and the grapes sourced from each of them are listed here:
- Haas Vineyards – Grenache
- Thornton Vineyards, Bates Vineyard, South Sonoma Vineyard, Herman Vineyard and Wilson Vineyard – Chardonnay
- Ledson Terraces – Cabernet Sauvignon
- Monte Rosso Vineyard and White Perry Vineyard– Zinfandel
- Old Winery Vineyard and Petris Crane Vineyard – Syrah
- Donohue Vineyard – Cinsault
- Kosich Vineyard and Kiser Vineyard – Pinot Noir and Chardonnay
- Sonoma Stage Vineyard and Amaral Vineyard – Pinot Noir
- Van Der Kamp Vineyard – Pinot Meunier
Buy Buena Vista wine below.