About Cantine Leonardo da Vinci
The wines from the Cantine Leonardo da Vinci are inspired by one of the greatest artists of all time, Leonardo da Vinci. The world knows him as a great painter, but he was also an expert on wine and winemaking techniques. In the year 1961, around 30 local winegrowers in the small Vinci town of Italy, got together to establish the Cantine Leonardo da Vinci. Today, this cooperative business has grown tremendously and comprises of close to 200 winegrowers.
Villa Di Vinci, an ancient village in Tuscany dates back to as early as 1152. This is the place that is the prime area where the grapes from this wine brand are grown. These vineyards are located in a fertile region that spreads across 75 hectares. Currently, this is one of the popular wine-tourism spots in Italy. You can come here and walk through the beautiful forests and vineyards that Leonardo once walked along.
The wines created here are divided into two categories – the ones inspired the genius artist, and other featured wines of the label.
Wines inspired by the genius
- Villa di Vinci – These are created from grapes grown in the Villa di Vinci estate owned by Leonardo’s family in the Vinci town. Sangiovese, Merlot, Syrah and Vermentino are some grapes used for these wines.
- 1502 Da Vinci in Romagna – These are wines that are dedicated to the 6 months in 1502 that Leonardo spent in the Romagna vineyards.
- Da Vinci 1 Capolavori – These are wines that paired along with some of the masterpieces of Leonardo da Vinci.
- Leonardo da Vinci collection – These represent the wines created by the maximum expression of fruit just like one of the best works of the artist, Vitruvian Man.
- Leonardo Geniale – These are aromatic and fragrant wines packed in 187ml bottles to accompany you wherever you go.
Buy Cantine Leonardo da Vinci wine below.