The Cloof Wine Estate, located in the scenic region of Darling, in South Africa, is known to make some of the country’s most spectacular wines. Not many know of this peaceful and beautiful estate in the Darling region, because it is not exactly a famous tourist spot. However, the very fact that it is not visited often makes it one of the most picturesque estates ever.
Currently, the Cloof Wine Estate is recognised as a WWF Conservation Champion, thanks to its contribution towards environmental conservation and innovation in water & energy efficiency. Established in 1998, this estate is known for its progressive thinking and innovative winemaking practices. The wines produced here are classified into various ranges such as the following:
- Winemakers Selection – Premium range of wines that symbolise the mastery, talent and expertise of the winemaker
- Signature Range – Features a series of wines that give you incredible memories long after you have finished the bottle
- Duckitt Collection – Range of wines created in memory of William Duckitt who settled in the Darling region during the early 1800s; prepared by his descendant and viticulturist, Peter Duckitt
- Bush Vines Range – Bold and intense range of wines created from the naturally fertile bush vines of the region
- Darling Wine in a Can – Range of wines that are known for their innovative packing in cans; cases are recycled again for protecting the environment
- Awards List – Features a series of wines that won several awards at various local and international platforms
Shiraz is one of the grape varietals that are commonly used for all these ranges of wines. The other varietals used for Cloof Wines are Syrah, Chenin Blanc, Bordeaux blends (made from 60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 34% Merlot and 6% Cabernet Franc) and Sauvignon Blanc. With its exquisite beauty and wildlife reserve, it is not surprising to know that this estate makes for an excellent sightseeing destination.
Buy Cloof wine below.