Domaine LafageMaury Grenat 2020 (Half Litre)Product code: 10138
All pictures shown are for illustration purpose only. Actual label may vary due to changes between vintages.
About the Winery
Located in Perpignan, France, the Domaine Lafage Wine brand was set up by Jean-Marc and Eliane Lafage. Their premium wines are made from grapes cultivated across 160 hectares of vineyards located near the Mediterranean Sea and the foothills of the Pyrenees Mountains. The warm, dry climate of these vineyards plays a very important role in the full-flavoured quality of the grapes. The climate, soil quality and the passion of the passion of the farmers make this region a haven for growing grape varietals such as Chardonnay, Grenache, Rousanne, Marsanne, Syrah, Mourvedre and Carignan.
These half-a-century old vineyards have different types of soil to aid different quality of grape production. The popular wines from the stables of the Domaine Lafage brand are listed bellowed according to their type:
- Cuvee’ Nicolas – Made from Grenache
- Tessellae Old Vines GSM – Made from Grenache, Syrah and Mourvedre
- Tessellae Carignan – Made from Carignan
- Bastide Miraflors – Made from Syrah and Grenache
- La Narassa – Made from Syrah and Grenache
- Ambre – Made from Grenache (Blanc & Gris)
- Cote’ East – Made from Grenache (Blanc & Gris),Chardonnay and Rousanne
- Miraflors Blanc – Made from Grenache (Blanc & Gris),Muscat d’Alexandrie, Rousanne, Viognier, Vermentin and Sauvignon
- Cuvee’ Centenaire – Made from Grenache (Blanc & Gris) and Rousanne
- Grand Cuvee’ Blanc – Made from Grenache (Blanc & Gris) and Macabeu
- Miraflors Rose – Made from Mourvedre, Grenache Gris and Grenache
- La Grande Cuvee’ Rose – Made from Grenache Gris, Grenache and Mourvedre
The 160 hectares of vineyards are located at an elevation in the range of 50 to 400m, which helps in growing a great collection of exclusive grapes. Farming, cultivating and harvesting of the grapes are done in 100% organic way, without the use of harmful fertilisers or pesticides. The wines produced here fall in the ageing bracket of around 10 to 100 years.