Familia TorresSangre de Toro 2019Product code: 13472
All pictures shown are for illustration purpose only. Actual label may vary due to changes between vintages.
Familia Torres Sangre de Toro is a Spanish red wine that boasts a long and rich history. It is made from Garnacha and Cariñena grapes grown in the Catalonian region of Spain. The wine is known for its deep, ruby red color, intense aroma, and smooth, velvety taste. It has a medium body and flavors of dark fruit with hints of vanilla and oak. This wine pairs well with grilled meats, stews, and Spanish tapas. With over 100 years of wine-making experience, Familia Torres has created a wine that is not only delicious but also a reflection of the region and its unique culture.
Dark cherry red color. Exquisite red fruit (strawberry) aroma with a spicy note (black pepper). Warm and firm on the palate with delicate acidity.
About the Winery
Familia Torres, established in 1870, is a Spanish wine label that is quite popular across the globe. Thanks to its perfect blend of modern and traditional winemaking techniques, this company's wines have inspired many passionate winemakers to follow their passion. Torres is a family-owned wine label, and is the proud owner of over 2000 hectares of vines. These are spread across some of Spain's most important wine-producing regions, such as Penedes, Priorat, Costers del Segre, Conca de Barbera, Rioja, Ribera del Duero, Rias Baixas and Rueda.
Jaime Torres Vendrell, along with his brother, Miguel, established Familia Torres in 1870 to make Spanish wine popular in foreign countries. True to his aspirations, Europeans had rated Torres wines as the best Spanish wine ever for more than 9 years in the recent past.
The company's headquarters is located in Vilafranca del Penedes, and its wines have a presence in almost 150 countries. The wines are grown from several parcels of vineyards located across Portugal, Spain and the Californian coast. These fruits represent the true character and richness of the terroirs of the place where they are grown.
Some of the popular red wines produced here are:
- Las Pisadas – Made from Tempranillo varietal grown in the La Carbonera Vineyards
- Mas La Plana – Made from Cabernet Sauvignon varietal grown in Penedes vineyards
- Celesta Reserva – Made from Tinto Fino varietal grown in the 895m-tall vineyards in the Ribera del Duero vineyards
Here are some interesting white wines from Torres:
- Milmanda – Made from Chardonnay grown in the Conca de Barbera vineyards
- Fansola – Made from Sauvignon Blanc grown in the Penedes vineyards
- Celeste Verdejo – Made from Verdejo varietal grown in the Rueda vineyards
- Pazo das Bruxas – Made from the indigenous Albarino grapes grown in the Rias Baixas – Galicia vineyards