Silverado VineyardsEstate Grown Cabernet Sauvignon 2018Product code: 8359
Notify me when this product is back in stock.
All pictures shown are for illustration purpose only. Actual label may vary due to changes between vintages.
About the Winery
Napa Valley is known to be one of the best wine-producing regions in the world. The unique terroirs, diverse soils and excellent climate conditions have made Napa Valley one of the top destinations for wine connoisseurs all over the world. Silverado Vineyards, located in the Stags Leap District in the Napa Valley, is one of the famous wine labels in this region, as it has been making scintillating wines for the last four decades with the same passion.
Ron and Diane Miller set up the Silverado Vineyards in 1981. The name, Silverado, was chosen for this vineyards, in honour of one of the first people to plant Cabernet vines in this particular district. Within 40 years, the Silverado Vineyards has grown into a big label, owning 360 acres totally located across six estate vineyards in the Napa Valley.
These six vineyards include the following:
- Miller Ranch – Located towards the south of Yountville, this vineyard is located along the famous Hopper Creek. Sauvignon Blanc clones and Semillon Clones are planted on the loamy & clayey soils here.
- Silverado Vineyard – Stag Leap Vineyard where Harry Sea planted the first Cabernet Sauvignon in 1968; it is home to the prestigious heritage clone of Cabernet
- Mt. George – Located in Coombsville, Mt. George Vineyard is the heart of Merlot plantations. Excellent sunlight and well-drained soils make it ideal for growing Merlot, Petit Verdot, Malbec and Cabernet clones here.
- Soda Creek Ranch – Located half way up the Soda Canyon, this vineyard has terroirs and climate that resemble Tuscany. The climate is great for planting clones of Sangiovese, Zinfandel and Kerner.
- Fire Tree – Located between the Browns Valley and Old Sonoma County, the sandstone-rich soils and foggy weather of this region is ideal for planting Chardonnay.
- Vineburg – Located towards the south of the Sonoma Town, Vineburg Vineyard has loamy soils that are perfect for planting Chardonnay.