If you are looking for authentic but a diverse range of Italian wines that reflect the complex characters of their terroirs, you must try one of the many wine labels released by the Fantini Farnese group. This group started as a small winery to make wines that exhibited the best of the South Italian heritage. However, within a few years, it has grown to be a huge wine brand in the country.
There are 6 exclusive wine regions where the Fantini Farnese group sources its grapes from. These regions have very different geological characters, climate conditions and other features. Therefore, the fruits grown here are quite different in taste, aroma, texture and intensity in different regions. The Vesevo range of wines is one of the labels of wines produced by this group.
The red and white Vesevo label of wines are made from grape cultivated in the Campania region. It is one of the oldest wine regions and has over 25000 hectares of vines in it. This area is covered by 50% hills, 30% mountains and 20% plains. This diversity influences the quality of fruits grown here. Since the area of cultivation is quite huge, different viticultural practices are followed by the winegrowers here.
Here is a brief overview of the Vesevo wines:
- Vesevo Taurasi DOCG – Aglianico grapes grown in the province of Avellino
- Ensis-Taurasi DOCG (Limited Edition) – Same as above
- Vesevo Beneventano Aglianico DOCG – Aglianico grapes grown in Benevento area
- Vesevo Greco di Tufo DOCG – Greco grapes grown in Tufo e Turrioni
- Fiano di Avellino – Fiano grapes grown in the Provence of Avellino
- Veseveo Beneventano Falanghina IGT – Falanghania grapes grown in Benevento
Like all other labels from this brand, the Vesevo wines, too, are known for their distinct texture that is symbolic of the Campania terroirs.