Cloudy BaySauvignon Blanc 2021Product code: 10003
All pictures shown are for illustration purpose only. Actual label may vary due to changes between vintages.
About the Winery
Established in 1985, the Cloudy Bay wine label was one of the first to realise the potential of the Marlborough wine region in New Zealand. The founder of the label, David Hohnen, knew even in the 1980s that Marlborough would go on to become the most important wine-producing region in New Zealand and one of the most respected wine regions in the world.
The team at Cloudy Bay studies the terroirs carefully to get the optimum potential of the fruits grown on them. The reason why the wines created under this label are classy is that the team plants vines in some of the best parcels located in the Marlborough and Central Otago regions. Every single terroir is analysed properly to create some of the best Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Noir varietals.
While Marlborough is the birthplace of new-age winemaking in New Zealand today, Central Otago is the world’s southernmost wine-producing region, making it highly diverse. By selecting parcels in two of these extremely different but unique wine regions, Cloudy Bay aims to create wines that are classy, elegant and lovable at the same time.
Some popular wines created by this label are:
- Sauvignon Blanc – Considered to be the flagship wine of this brand, this wine is created from grapes grown in the Rapaura, Fairhall, Renwick and Brancott regions of Wairau Valley.
- Pinot Noir – Considered to be one of the best red wines in New Zealand, this wine is made from grapes grown in the Mustang and Barracks vineyards in Wairau Valley.
- Te Koko – Made from a blend of Sauvignon Blancs grown in 6 vineyards across the Rapaura, Brancott and Renwick regions
- Te Wah – Made from select Pinot Noirs grown in the Bannockburn, Bendigo and Lowburn regions of the Cromwell Basin
- Chardonnay – Made from aromatic Chardonnays grown in the four vineyard blocks across Brancott, Fairhall, Ben Morven and Central Wairau Valley