Dry Creek VineyardHeritage Vines Zinfandel 2019Product code: 11609
All pictures shown are for illustration purpose only. Actual label may vary due to changes between vintages.
About the Winery
Dry Creek Vineyard was established in the year 1972 by David Stare. In the Dry Creek Valley, there were only a few family-owned wine estates until then. However, David wanted to go beyond this and make the northern Sonoma County one of the premium wine-growing regions in the world. As a result, he was one of the first winemakers to setup a Loire Valley inspired winery here.
His winemaking passion made him search for a lot of locations for setting up his winery. The old prune orchards at Dry Creek Valley made him realize the potential of the land, terroir and the soil conditions here. In typical Loire Valley style, David ventured into planting Sauvignon Blanc varietals at this valley, despite stiff opposition from wine experts. He went on to make history, as Dry Creek Vineyard’s Sauvignon Blancs are considered to the one of the best in this region currently. This became the first vineyard in the entire valley to plant Sauvignon Blanc varietal.
The vineyards are spread across 185 acres, and this brand takes great pride in following a blend of modern and traditional winemaking practices here. They have partnered with the local growers to source fruits from the best of locations in the region to make high-quality wines. The details of their vineyards are:
- Four Clones Vineyard – 4.5 acres of vineyards of Zinfandel varietals
- The Original – Home of the original vines of Sauvignon Blanc
- Bullock House – Recent vineyard for planting Malbec, Cabernet Franc and Sauvignon Blanc
- Heritage Vineyard – Home of the historic and heritage-rich Zinfandel varietal Farmhouse Vineyard – Produces one of the best Zinfandel and Sauvignon Blanc in Sonoma County Endeavour Vineyard – 30-acre vineyard to Bordeaux-style varietals
- Russian River Valley Vineyard – Cool-climate vineyard to grow Pinot Noir and Chardonnay
- Somers Ranch Vineyard – to grow Zinfandel
- Beeson Ranch Vineyard – old-vine & single-vineyard Zinfandel varietal