Château Moncontour

Château Moncontour

About Château Moncontour

Located in the Loire Valley, the Montcontour Estate is the one of the oldest in the region, as its history dates back to as early as 4th century. The area of Montcontour and its wines were highly regarded by poets and scholars many hundreds of years ago. The vines that were grown on the steep slopes of the valley were covered with hard rocks and caves to protect the history and maintain the mystery of these impeccable vines.

As many explorers started studying about this area, it came to be known that the vineyards of this estate are spread across 140 hectares. These plots can be found in some of the high wine-potential areas of Vouvray and Touraine appellations. These terroirs are known for their exceptional climatic conditions and diverse soils. It is believed that the estate once belonged to the Archbishop of Tours at the time of Saint Martin.

Almost 60% of the vineyards are planted with the white varietals of Sauvignon and Chardonnay. The remaining 40% is covered with the red varietals of Pinot Noir and Gamay. Since 1994, the Montcountour vineyards are owned and controlled by the Feray family. These wines are currently produced from six high-quality wine estates located across the Loire Valley. These estates cover the regions of Vouvray, Touraine, Cremant de Loire, Chinon and Cheverny appellations.

Some of the popular wines from this label are:

La Belle Angerie – Made from 100% Chenin, this wine is one of the most popular products here, because the fruits are grown on some of the best plots on the edge of Chateau Moncontour.

Les Chapelles – This wine is made from 100% Chenin grapes grown in the Rochecorbon Town. The grapes are manually harvested here, and the wine is known for its smooth texture. Lees are methodically stirred in the wines for about 6 to 8 months to retain the original smoothness of the fruit.

Buy Château Moncontour wine below.

For other wines & bottle sizes from this winery please enquire