Château Petit-Village

Château Petit-Village

About Château Petit-Village

The history of the Chateau Petit Village estate is so old that it is not known to anyone as to who planted the first vine here. The estate is located in one of the wine-rich regions of France, the Pomerol appellation. Located quite close to the highly reputed Bordeaux wine region, this winery is one of the most respected labels in this region. The estate can be found inside a group of prominent regions such as Chateau Beauregard, Vieux Chateau Certan and Chateau la Conseillante.

This impressive wine estate has had different owners ever since the early 19th century. Currently, it is managed by Christian Seely and owned by the globally famous company, Axa. The freshness and balance of the Chateau Petit Village wines cannot be missed because the Pomerol plateau, where the vines are grown, is filled with gravel-rich soils at a decent height. The vineyards are spread across 10.5 hectares and the beauty of this plot is that it is in the shape of an equilateral triangle. The soil is made up of red gravel with tinges of quartz and flint in it; this is what sets apart the Chateau Petit Village wines from the rest. Merlot vines are planted on almost 75% of the vineyards here. The Merlots grown here are known for their full-bodied nature and velvet-like texture. Out of the remaining 25%, 17% is filled with Cabernet Franc vines and 8% with Cabernet Sauvignon vines.

The most popular wine of this village is made from a blend of 71% Merlot, 20% Cabernet Franc and 9% Cabernet Sauvignon. Thanks to the exceptional climate and soil quality on the Pomerol Plateau, this wine is exceptional and reflects the true characteristics of its terroir.

A second wine range, Le Jardin de Petit Village, was also released by this chateau a few years ago. This wine is made from 100% Merlot varietal.

Buy Château Petit-Village wine below.

For other wines & bottle sizes from this winery please enquire