Journey's EndHaystack Chardonnay 2020Product code: 7935
All pictures shown are for illustration purpose only. Actual label may vary due to changes between vintages.
Clear and bright, straw with a hint of green. Oak and fruit are perfectly matched, each having its say without dominating; citrus peel and melon enriched by a subtle, savoury biscuit overlay. The limey acidity seamed through the fruit flavours gives food-friendly freshness and promises a few years’ ageing potential.
About the Winery
Located in the premium wine producing area of Stellenbosch in South Africa, the Journey’s End winery was established in 1995 by the Gabbs Family. The family acquired the estate and the 20 hectares of vineyards during this time to make high-quality, terroir-driven wines. Today, in less than three decades, the family owns close to 12o hectares of land.
In the year 2010, the family finished constructing a technologically-sophisticated, 350-ton crush winery on the estate. Immediately, the Journey’s End group also acquired the neighbouring Mount Rozier Wine Estate as well, along with the 45-hectare vineyard that was part of the deal. This helped the group to spread its wings high and achieve phenomenal progress within a short time.
Sustainability and minimum intervention are the two main principles followed by the winemaking team at Journey’s End, to retain the original flavours of the fruit as much as possible. The wine range produced by this label is divided into three categories – Tales Range, V Range and Precision Range. These ranges of wines are unique and display different but complex characteristics based on the terroirs where they were crafted.
Tales Range Wines
- Weather Station – Made from Sauvignon Blanc
- Hay Stack – Made from Chardonnay
- Pastor’s Blend – Made from Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Cabernet Franc
- The Huntsman – Made from Shiraz, Mourvedre and Viognier
V Range Wines
- Chardonnay 2018
- Merlot 2016
- Shiraz 2016
- Cabernet Sauvignon 2015
Precision Range Wines
- Destination – Premium wine launched in 2010; Made from Chardonnay; the team considers this as the pinnacle of white wines; therefore, it is a must-try
- The Griffin – Made from Syrah
- Cape Doctor – Rare and premium wine launched in 2010 and named after the Cape Doctor South Easterly winds that blow from the False Bay; made from Cabernet Sauvignon