Livio FellugaAbbazia di Rosazzo 2019Product code: 13744
All pictures shown are for illustration purpose only. Actual label may vary due to changes between vintages.
Livio Felluga Abbazia di Rosazzo is a renowned white wine originating from the Friuli-Venezia Giulia region in northeastern Italy. The wine is made exclusively from a blend of indigenous grape varieties that are grown on the historic estate of Abbazia di Rosazzo. This vineyard is located on the hills around the ancient abbey of Rosazzo, which dates back to the ninth century. The wine is distinguished by its pale straw color, delicate bouquet, and flavors of ripe tropical fruits and vibrant acidity, followed by a long finish. It is a perfect match for seafood dishes, light appetizers, and poultry. This wine is a true representation of the unique terroir and winemaking traditions of Friuli-Venezia Giulia.
Straw yellow with light green hues. A highly perfumed nose with notes of candied fruit, flowers and spice. The barrel-fermented Friulano adds depth and a hint of spice to wine. On the palate it is fresh with lively acidity and a fine mineral streak. Long and elegant, with a attractive almond character on the finish.
About the Winery
After the Second World War, the people of the countryside village of Friuli in Italy had moved to different places. The place, which was once a wine-rich area, lost its charm after the war. It took an expert winemaker in the name of Livio Felluga to re-establish the wine culture of this place during 1956. Today, the wines of Livio Felluga are known for their exceptional winemaking style. Only the choicest of estate-grown grapes are used for this process.
The white wines from the brand of Livio Felluga are very popular. The best of the lot is the white wine, Picolit, which is a very warm and subtle wine known for its rich acidity and unique sweetness. Thanks to the popularity of these wines and their winemaking style, they are very popular in the history of Italian viticulture. The wine blends created here are so unique that they have attracted the attention of every wine lover in the world.
Some of the popular wines here are:
- Sauvignon - 100% Sauvignon grown in the vineyards of Guyot, Marl and the sandstone regions of Eocene
- Vertigo - Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon grown in the vineyards at the backdrop of the Rosazzo Hills
- Pinot Grigio - 100% Pinot Grigio grown in the same place as that of the Sauvignon varieties
- Chardonnay - 100% Chardonnay grown in the same regions as above
- Terre Alte - 40% Sauvignon, 30% Pinot Bianco and 30% Tocai Friulano
- Refosco dal Peduncolo Rosso - 100% Refosco dal Peduncolo Rosso grown in Rosazzo
- Illivio - Pinot Bianco and Chardonnay e Picolit grown in the Friuli Venezia Giulia area
- Sosso Riserva - 34% Refosco dal Peduncolo Rosso, 33% Merlot and 33% Pignolo grown in Guyot
- Picolit - 100% Picolit grown in the same area as Illivio
- Sharis - 70% Chardonnay and 30% Ribolla Gialla grown in the same as above
- Terre Alte Magnum - 40% Sauvignon, 30% Pinot Bianco and 30% Tocai Friulano