Louis M. MartiniSonoma County Cabernet Sauvignon 2018Product code: 7919
All pictures shown are for illustration purpose only. Actual label may vary due to changes between vintages.
The wine offers ripe flavours of blackcurrant and jammy black plum accented by notes of caramelized oak and baking spice. The Louis M. Martini 2013 Sonoma County Cabernet Sauvignon is produced from several of the countyÕs most prestigious vineyards, whose unique characteristics were combined to create a rich, superbly balanced Cabernet Sauvignon. The wine offers ripe flavours of blackcurrant and jammy black plum accented by notes of caramelised oak and sweet spice. rrant and jammy black plum accented by notes of caramelised oak and sweet spice. The 2013 vintage was another ideal growing season. Cooperative weather in the spring, abundant warmth throughout the summer and the late arrival of rain in autumn aided wonderful fruit development. The result of this exquisite vintage is a Cabernet Sauvignon of vibrant colour, intense dark fruit flavours, ripe and rich texture and impressive finish.
About the Winery
Located in the iconic wine region of Napa Valley in the USA, Louis M Martini Winery is a family-owned wine estate that aims to create the best ever Cabernet Sauvignon for wine lovers. Martini, as a young boy, assisted his father in San Francisco in making wines, before we went back to Italy to study the art of winemaking. In the early 1920s, Martini set up his grape manufacturing company to specialise in winemaking in Napa Valley, especially during the years that followed Prohibition.
By the year 1933, Louis M Martini set up his winery in St. Helena, towards the north of Napa Valley. Within 3 years, this became one of the earliest wineries in the region to introduce cold fermentation process. In the subsequent years, the family started to expand its control by buying a ranch on the Sonoma Coast, now known as Monte Rosso Vineyard.
In the year 2002, the Martini winery and vineyards were acquired by the prestigious Gallo family. Martini was bestowed with a huge recognition in 2008. This was the year got inducted into the Vintner’s Hall of Fame, and considered as a pioneer, for his significant contribution to the wine industry of Napa Valley.
- Currently, the vineyards that are part of this estate are:
- Monte Rosso – Located on the Mayacamas Mountains, this vineyard produces some of the best and intense grapes
- Stagecoach – Located on the volcanic soils of Vaca Mountains, this vineyard stretches across 600 acres
- Cypress Ranch – Located in the warm Pope Valley, this vineyard produces highly balanced Cabernet Sauvignon varietals
- Sun Lake – Located at the base of Howell Mountains, this vineyard produces fruits of intricate layers
- Thomann Station – Located right behind the winery in St. Helena, this 10-acre vineyard is known for its gravelly loam soils, which are ideal for growing Petite Syrah.