Sauska, a Hungarian wine brand, is a family-owned label that aims to give recognition to the Hungarian wines across the globe. Great care is given to growing and processing grapes with no disruption to the environment at all. In the wineries, the team makes use of natural gravity to process the grapes. With the help of an expert winemaking and viticultural team, Sauska grows indigenous and international grape varietals with equal ease. Currently, Sauska owns and operates two wineries in Tokaj and Villany.
Tokaj is a complex and rich region, where wines have been crafted with utmost elegance for the past two decades. It is the richest wine-producing region of Hungary. The vineyards where Sauska grows its grapes in Tokaj are the following:
- Medve – Located at 250m above sea level; Pinot Noir, Sargamuskotaly, Furmint and Harslevelu
- Uragya – Grows Furmint and harslevelu
- Padihegy – Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Furmint, Harslevelu, Sauvignon Blanc
- Birsalmas – Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Furmint
- Istenhegy – Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Furmint
- Dorgo – Pinot Noir, Furmint
The vineyards in this beautiful, serene and diverse region that Sauska uses for its wines are:
- Ordogarok – Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah, Cabernet Franc and Kadarka
- Kopar – Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Kekfrankos and Cabernet Franc
- Makar – Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Kekfrankos, Portugieser, Cabernet Franc and Kadarka
- Konkoly – Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah and Cabernet Franc
Some of the popular wines from this label are:
Sauska Furmint - Made from the dry Furmint varietal grown in Tokaj region, this one contains 13% alcohol and is dominated by mint and chamomile scents.
Sauska Extra Brut – Sparkling wine made from a blend of 50% Furmint, 25% Harslevelu and 25% Chardonnay; contains 12% alcohol
Sauska Cabernet Franc – Red and dry wine made from 100% Cabernet Franc grown in the Villany region; contains 14.5% alcohol
Buy Sauska wine below.