Bodegas CastañoOrganic Monastrell Tinto 2022Product code: 15821
All pictures shown are for illustration purpose only. Actual label may vary due to changes between vintages.
Bodegas Castaño Organic Monastrell Tinto is a top-quality Spanish red wine that is produced using the Monastrell grape variety. Renowned for their expertise in the region, Bodegas Castaño is known for producing wines that deliver rich and complex flavors with outstanding balance. This organic wine is made from grapes grown using sustainable farming practices, making it a premium choice for eco-conscious wine lovers.
On the palate, the Bodegas Castaño Organic Monastrell Tinto delivers deep, dark fruit flavors, tempered by well-balanced acidity. This wine is aged in oak barrels to impart notes of vanilla and spice, and it can be served immediately or aged for further refinement. Enjoy it with hearty meat dishes, rich pasta sauces, or sharp cheeses.
About the Winery
The history of Bodegas Castano Wines dates back to as early as 1950 when Ramon Castano Santa had set up his own winery and was on the lookout for expansion of the same. In the year 1975, he acquired Las Gruesas, one of the iconic plots of the Castano Wine Group today. In the year 1980s, Castano expanded further by acquiring a bottling unit and that was the time he was quite actively thinking about expansion and development.
In the 1990s, when his sons, Ramon, Juan Pedro and Daniel, joined the business, the Bodegas Castano Wine brand started getting international recognition. It wouldn’t be wrong to say that the Castano brothers did an amazing job of putting their Spanish wine brand on the global map. They went on to acquire many sophisticated bottling units, equipment and warehouses to become one of the most recognised winemakers in the world today.
The family currently owns over 600 hectares of vineyards and they are spread across Yecla. The huge plots that deserve special mention are the following:
- Las Gruesas – 195 hectares towards north Yecla; Monastrell and Garnacha Tintorera are the major cultivations here
- Espinal – 75 hectares towards the southeast of Yecla; main varietals are Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah, Monastrell, Macabeo and Chardonnay
- Pozuelo – 141 hectares towards the northwest of Yecla; main varietals are Monastrell, Garnacha Tintorera, Cabernet Sauvignon, Macabeo, Merlot and Syrah
- Arabi – 28 hectares towards north Yecla; known for Monastrell cultivations
- Casa Marta – 9 hectares towards north Yecla; only Monastrell vines found
- Hoya Munoz – 2 hectares towards north Yecla; only Monastrell vines found
- Las Gateras – 36 hectares towards northwest Yecla; known for Monastrell, Garnacha Tintorera and Syrah varietals
- Casa Igarza – 14 hectares towards northwest Yecla; known for Macabeo and Moscatel varietals
- El Cuadrado – only vineyard found outside Yecla; 51 hectares of land known for Monastrell, Garnacha Tintorera, Syrah and Petit Verdot cultivations