Bodegas CastañoOrganic Rosado 2021Product code: 11222
All pictures shown are for illustration purpose only. Actual label may vary due to changes between vintages.
Bodegas Castaño Organic Rosado is a delightful Spanish rosé that boasts of its organic farming methods. This wine is made from the Monastrell grape variety, which is harvested by hand from Castaño's vineyards in Yecla, Spain. It exudes a bright pink hue with lively aromas of fresh strawberries, raspberries, and cherries. On the palate, it has a refreshing acidity that is well-balanced with its fruity flavors. This wine is easy to drink and perfect for outdoor gatherings, such as picnics or barbecues. Bodegas Castaño Organic Rosado is not only delicious, but it also promotes sustainability practices through its organic certification.
About the Winery
The history of Bodegas Castano Wines dates back to as early as 1950 when Ramon Castano Santa had set up his own winery and was on the lookout for expansion of the same. In the year 1975, he acquired Las Gruesas, one of the iconic plots of the Castano Wine Group today. In the year 1980s, Castano expanded further by acquiring a bottling unit and that was the time he was quite actively thinking about expansion and development.
In the 1990s, when his sons, Ramon, Juan Pedro and Daniel, joined the business, the Bodegas Castano Wine brand started getting international recognition. It wouldn’t be wrong to say that the Castano brothers did an amazing job of putting their Spanish wine brand on the global map. They went on to acquire many sophisticated bottling units, equipment and warehouses to become one of the most recognised winemakers in the world today.
The family currently owns over 600 hectares of vineyards and they are spread across Yecla. The huge plots that deserve special mention are the following:
- Las Gruesas – 195 hectares towards north Yecla; Monastrell and Garnacha Tintorera are the major cultivations here
- Espinal – 75 hectares towards the southeast of Yecla; main varietals are Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah, Monastrell, Macabeo and Chardonnay
- Pozuelo – 141 hectares towards the northwest of Yecla; main varietals are Monastrell, Garnacha Tintorera, Cabernet Sauvignon, Macabeo, Merlot and Syrah
- Arabi – 28 hectares towards north Yecla; known for Monastrell cultivations
- Casa Marta – 9 hectares towards north Yecla; only Monastrell vines found
- Hoya Munoz – 2 hectares towards north Yecla; only Monastrell vines found
- Las Gateras – 36 hectares towards northwest Yecla; known for Monastrell, Garnacha Tintorera and Syrah varietals
- Casa Igarza – 14 hectares towards northwest Yecla; known for Macabeo and Moscatel varietals
- El Cuadrado – only vineyard found outside Yecla; 51 hectares of land known for Monastrell, Garnacha Tintorera, Syrah and Petit Verdot cultivations