MacMurray Estate VineyardsRussian River Pinot Noir 2017Product code: 6756
All pictures shown are for illustration purpose only. Actual label may vary due to changes between vintages.
Opens with aromas of lavender and boysenberry, giving way to dark cherry and pomegranate flavours. This luscious wine has a silky mouthfeel, framed by subtle hints of oak from barrel ageing
About the Winery
MacMurray Estate Vineyards, located in the premium wine region of Sonoma County, has been set up with the main aim of making the best possible Pinot Noir ever. Californian Pinot Noir enjoys a lot of respect and love from across the globe. However, Pinot Noir grown in specific regions, such as the Russian River Valley Region and Central Coast, hold a special place in the hearts of wine lovers. MacMurray Estate Vineyards has vineyards in both these locations to extract the maximum possible potential of Pinot Noirs that are grown here.
Both of these regions are considered as cool-climate regions, ideal for growing the best Pinot Noirs. The vineyards of this group are carefully chosen based on their terroir and soil conditions. The details of these vineyards are as follows:
- Del Rio Vineyards - This vineyard is blessed with a cool coastal climate, thanks to its proximity to the Russian River and the Pacific Ocean. The soils are a good mix of gravel, sand, clay, silt, and loam. So, the fruits grown here are acidic and intense.
- MacMurray Ranch Vineyard - In this vineyard, close to 284 acres are dedicated to Pinot Noir, and a small amount of land is dedicated to Pinot Gris. The best part of this vineyard is that its upper portion enjoys a cool coastal climate, whereas its lower portion enjoys a warm coastal climate.
- Laguna Ranch Vineyard Located at just about 12miles from the Pacific Ocean, this vineyard has been producing high-quality Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays for more than 30 years.
- Two Rock Vineyard Considered as the coldest vineyard in the Russian River Valley region, this place is ideal for growing Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris and Chardonnay.
- Olson Ranch Vineyard Located in the midst of the Santa Lucia Mountains, this vineyard witnessed vine plantations since 1791! Close to 390 acres of Pinot Noir vines can be seen here.