Giant StepsTarraford Vineyard Yarra Valley Chardonnay 2018Product code: 9970
All pictures shown are for illustration purpose only. Actual label may vary due to changes between vintages.
About the Winery
It was during 1997 that Phil Sexton established the Giant Steps wine brand in Yarra Valley in Australia. He had the sole objective of cultivating high-quality and authentic Chardonnay and Pinot Noir fruit. He found the cool climate, gentle breeze and good soil quality to be perfect in Yarra Valley to cultivate these fruits.
Grapes that are needed for creating wines are sourced from one of these seven vineyards- Sexton, Applejack, Gruyere Farm, Tarraford, Wombat Creek, Nocton and Tosq. The popular wines that are crafted here:
- Wines from the entire range of vines cultivated on the Yarra Valley
- From the Chardonnays cultivated in Sexton
- From the Chardonnays cultivated in Tarraford
- From the Chardonnays cultivated in Wombat Creek
- From the Pinot Noir cultivated in Sexton
- From the Pinot Noir cultivated in Applejack
- From the Pinot Noir cultivated in Wombat Creek
- From the Pinot Noir of Primavera
- From the Syrahs cultivated in Tarraford
- From the Pinot Noir cultivated in Nocton
- From the Pinot Noir cultivated in Tosq
The soil quality, temperature and the overall terroir of each of these vineyards are unique and very different from one another. Therefore, the wines produced by Giant Steps have a distinct taste and flavour, thereby representing the exact character of the area in which the fruits were cultivated.
In the last six years, the Giant Steps wine brand has won many accolades and awards. The crowning glory of the brand came when the wines from its stables featured in the top 100 wines in the world. You could book for a wine tasting tour at the cellar of Giant Steps, to get a flavour of these world-class wines.
For a nominal fee, you can book Single Vineyard tours or Yarra Valley tours or Wine Flight Tours to get a sneak-peak into the quality of the wines created here.